That's when I'm hoping Liam becomes potty trained. Because I'm fixin' to give up and let him just do it when he's ready...which will probably be 10, and only because he'll start to feel embarrassed that his mother has to wipe his butt.
I was excited because I ordered a potty chart with stickers. It arrived yesterday after the kids had gone to bed. I was excited to spend today going over the chart and explaining the stickers. This morning when I woke up, Liam had found the books... I mean what? Does he wake up and think...let me search these counter tops for possible things that may have arrived while I was sleeping??? Is that what happens? Because when I woke up he had ripped the chart up and put the stickers all over the coffee table. And I just broke down and cried.
4 comments:
we so need to go out!! As you can tell from my blog-- I can totally relate! The potty stickers didn't work for us real well.. b/c she got stickers when she went.. but still had accidents.. grrrrr.. i feel your pain!
Yes let's! I have to get out of here soon or I'm going to lose it!
Paul was the same way about potty training. the last straw for me was when i put big boy pants on my 3 1/2 year old , he sat on my lap and peed on me. it was then I decided i do not care if he ever goes potty I will have his prom tuxedo tailored around that stupid diaper. a few months later some random kid asked Paul why he was wearing a swim diaper at the pool. on the way home he asked if he could wear underwear. he never had an accident since and he is 13 now.
Thanks Jacqui! Stories like that give me hope!
Post a Comment