David took Wednesday off so we could spend the day packing. Except, first we had to get Liam ready for school. Drop him off. Then I followed David to the dealership to have the oil changed and tires rotated. We packed here and there, mostly pulled stuff out to pack, not sure how it would fit in the car.
Then we picked up Liam from School. Then we picked up the car. Then we went to Academy to buy a cooler. Bought a bunch of other stuff as well. Home. Kids nap. David goes to the grocery store. I cook food for the camp out... that way I wouldn't have to store any raw meat and I would have all our meals ready to go with just a tiny bit of heat up at the camp site.
We were camping with David's brother, sister, mom, two nephews, a friend (who's idea this was) his wife and two kids and his mom and step-dad. His friend said we should just bring food for our own families. I should have realized to count David's brother, sister, mom and nephew as our family... they brought their own food, BUT... well, I'll talk about that more later.
Meanwhile David is STILL at the store. He had to stop at Academy again to pick up a cooler cap (that was missing on our brand new cooler) and some shorts and shirts. At the grocery store he called me every 5 to 10 minutes. He was gone for nearly 4 hours. I was about to lose my mind. We had wanted to get some sleep and leave really early in the morning... but we weren't even close to being finished.
By 1 a.m. we have chairs, clothes and the tent on top of the car. We have food and ice in the cooler (supposed to last 7 days...it's a "7" day cooler) and it's packed in the car. We also have stuff all over the house. We realized several things were NOT going to fit. So we had to rethink some of our packing. We decide to go to bed and get up at 4 a.m. to finish the rest.
5:30 a.m. we wake up. It takes us until 8:30 a.m. to finally head out... to be continued... I know it's been fascinating so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment