
It's a beautiful place, no? If it wasn't sooo hot! I don't know if I mentioned this is the last post, but at night it was nice and cool, not stuffy at all. Supposed to have gotten to 50 degrees, but I think it was more in the 60's. Funny I heard last night that up in Amarillo the cold front hit first and it's now about 63 degrees during the day! Oh well.
In the morning I made a big breakfast. It was a mess. I wish I took a picture. My eggs were burnt...sort of, little burnt pieces because the heat was too high and I used a cast iron skillet. The pancakes, well, I didn't have a measuring cup so they were watery... crepe like... Violet loved them. Bacon came out perfectly. I rolled some "burnt" eggs into my crepe like pancake with a piece of bacon and a little smear of blackberry jam. It was pretty good actually. Topped off with hot cocoa. Very healthy indeed.
After breakfast we planned to go on a family hike. It was beautiful. Here are some (a ton) of the pictures to tell the tale of the hike. (backwards because blogger photo uploading sucks and I don't feel like sorting it all out...just know it's telling the story from end to start).
























To Be Continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment