
It took the rest of us some time to recover and when we did David's brother Ken was mentioning that we should probably leave tonight. He wanted to leave because he had to work on Monday. If we left the next day (Sunday) with such a long drive back, he wasn't sure he wouldn't get enough sleep for work. For SOME REASON we have to leave with them? At first (because I was so hot) when David was wanting to leave with them I was just "go with the flow" girl. When I realized we had one more day, that David didn't have to go back to work until Wednesday. I wanted to stay. David didn't. I didn't fight it. I didn't want to fight it. The kids were having fun. I thought it would be kind of sweet if it was just us there, but it had been a pretty rough trip for us to that point, so maybe going home would be for the best (is what I had reasoned).
David's sister didn't want to go home yet. But she and her kids had driven up with Ken so she had no choice. So her mom wanted her to go on that hike to the cave while we packed up. His sister had worked really hard at the campsite, so nobody minded her taking a break on this one.
Packing up in the heat got me kind of grumpy again... I worked the whole time. Got a little splinter in my pinky finger, but kept going. David worked really hard to get us all packed up. Ken and my mom in law worked really hard as well. Violet was napping in the car, car running so a/c going. Liam wanted to sit in the car too. So for hours they sat/slept in the car while we packed up. Eileen came back, had an incredible hike, helped finish pack up.
We left around 6 p.m. drove for a few hours stopped at a Best Western. It was way nicer than the Holiday Inn Express...even though it doesn't look nicer in the picture lol... it was. It was. The bed wasn't lumpy and uncomfortable, the bathroom was clean, the free breakfast was better too.
To be concluded next episode...
No comments:
Post a Comment