On our first date of Christmas the "plan" WAS to go to his work Christmas party together, which I had previously said I didn't want to go to because of the extra baby weight I'm carrying. But I changed my mind realizing it was a night away from the kids, I even went and bought a new dress for the occassion. Unfortunately the day before the party my daughter, Violet, got sick and ended up in the hospital.
I am counting the 1st hospital day as date one (as depressing as that is) because it's the most time we've spent together in a while. Given that we also have a new baby, most (if not all) of our dates will include our kids.
So date 1 we drop Liam and Drake off at Tata's house. We take our sick little girl to the doctor. While we wait around we talk while David snuggles with Violet on his lap and I draw pictures for her. Doctor sends us to the imaging center to have Violet get a CT scan. Then they send us back to the Doctor for the results. Then the doctor tells us we have to admit her to the hospital. By now about 5 hours have gone by and we are getting pretty hungry. We know that checking into the hospital can take some time so we decide to go get something to eat together before we go.
We go to eat at Wendy's, Violet manages to eat a few fries and one chicken nugget. David and I scarf down our spicy chicken sandwich (me) and burger (Dave) while discussing who will stay with Violet and who will take the baby home and what our plan is the next day.
After we get checked in, Tio Kenito shows up to give his niece a little stuffed penguin. About an hour or so later David leaves to take the baby home, Liam stays the night with his Tata. We get some hugs, kisses and "I love you"'s in before he leaves. So depressing date, yeah maybe... but a good reminder that family means everything and as parents we would drop anything for the good of our children. It's also a nice reminder to me that I can always count on David who had left work early because I was so worried about Violet before her appointment and didn't want to take her to the doctor's alone in case we got bad news. He is always there for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment