Saturday, December 31, 2011

Playing Together.

I love love love when Liam and Violet play together all day long.

For Christmas we bought the kids a Wii. Liam loves playing the New Super Mario Brothers game and has gotten quite good at it.

However, yesterday, Liam broke his daddy's Christmas present from last year. An expensive pair of headphones that David absolutely loves and uses almost daily. They are "gaming" headphones, so they cancel out outside noise plus have a mouth piece to chat with fellow players during games... or give instructions on how to play... which is what David actually does, lol.

David had been very good about putting them high up so the kids don't play with them. But he thought the kids have been so good about not touching his stuff that he could leave them out. When Liam saw them he put them on and I could hear him pretending to be an airplane pilot. Cute, until suddenly I also heard a loud *snap*!

He broke them beyond repair.

I was proud of David. When he found out he sent Liam to his room. If it had been me I would have screamed and yelled first... later apologize because my kids are more important than any material thing, which would no doubt confuse them. So we decided to take away the Wii for a week. And also, on top of Liam's normal chores, we made a chart to keep track of how Liam would earn money to pay his dad back. So Liam doesn't get monetary credit for cleaning his room or setting/clearing the table... but he will get credit for other chores until he "pays off" the headphones.

I digress. The playing together part... today, when the kids woke up they were running around the house. When I listened to the dialog I realized they were playing Mario Brothers. Liam used all sorts of things he called his "power ups", like a crayon, or a golf ball. Makes me smile.

No comments: