Oh, but it was with my sister Maureen, aka Mo... so I'm not counting it towards my 12 Dates of Christmas.
Mo and I met up for some Sushi/Sashimi. Lots of people think sushi is cooked fish and sashimi is raw... but really sushi means vinegared rice and sashimi is without rice... so it just describes if your fish is coming with rice or not. Just a little tidbit for those who didn't know... whether you wanted to know or not.
We also met with my brother Ryan and his wife, Amber. We had lots of fun eating and talking. I don't see Mo or Ryan too often these days as they live elsewhere, so it's nice to catch up with them.
After lunch Mo and I decided to go see Breaking Dawn, Part 1. I was so excited when Maureen told me that she hadn't seen it yet either. How fun it would be to go with someone who isn't crazy about the characters and won't take it so seriously. Mo also pointed out that anyone at the movie today probably has either seen it already or also doesn't mind poking a little fun at it.
Maureen and I can be pretty obnoxious when we get together. Lots of giggling and talking. Though I normally try to keep my thoughts to myself during a movie, with Mo we can't seem to help but make comments to each other. This time around we did try our best to whisper very quietly and laugh as silently as possible.
Luckily we were with a fun audience. At one point a scene in the movie made someone in the audience audibly gag, this made me and Mo laugh out loud. Maureen laughed quite loud and this loud laugh caused other people to laugh. Mo said she often finds she helps people realize a funny situation. Haha, I think it's a gift most of my sisters and brothers have.
But a big thanks to my hubby who stayed home with the kids. David has NEVER ever ever ever complained when I leave him home all day with the kids. He never calls or texts me "when are you coming home" because he can't handle it... usually he does text if I could bring him some food home, lol. But I know after hanging out with other moms, how awesome he is for not complaining or making me feel like I need to hurry back. He can handle a crying baby too for long periods of time without getting frustrated. Love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment