Another depressing date. Wish I had pictures of this one but I don't...
The day we get out of the hospital. David had spent the next night at the hospital with Violet so I could be with the baby this time. I get to the hospital at noon the next day after dropping Drake off again at Tata's and giving Liam some hugs and kisses.
David looked exhausted and his hair looked greasy having not showered in 24 hours. Now that Violet's fever was down and neck was no longer swollen and unmovable (thanks to the antibiotics) she freely moved her head back and forth on her pillow creating a horrendous bird's nest with the back of her hair that she absolutely would not consent to being brushed (which I don't blame her given how many times the poor thing had to get poked with a needle and have blood drawn... she is now terrified of needles fyi). So me, being such a nice mama, decided to give her a day before I attempted to brush it out.
She was being released and we were once again, hungry. Even though David doesn't like to go anywhere without a shower, he agreed to taking Violet somewhere to eat. If either of us had been thinking clearly we would NOT have done this. Just the fact that Violet's white blood cell count was still extremely low, well below normal, which meant her immune system was also very weak, we should not have taken her out to eat. But not thinking, we did.
We ate at BJ's for our second date. We walk in and the hostess says "you guys must be really hungry"... no doubt she said this because of how disheveled David and Violet looked... like we are so hungry we couldn't even bother showering or brushing our hair. Violet was still tired and not feeling great so she just laid down on the booth seat (great, no germs there I'm sure) and didn't eat more than a few bites of food. David and I didn't talk or really even look at each other... he looked at the games on the many tv's. I kept my eye on Violet. We got our check as fast as our forgetful waitress could remember to get it to us, and went to fill Violet's prescription and pick up the boys.
This date was rather lame, but we don't get a lot of chances to eat out together in an actual restaurant, so it counts!
No comments:
Post a Comment