Saturday, December 17, 2011

Neglected Garden




Check out my poor neglected garden :( I didn't water this garden once during my pregnancy, not only because I was so sick for the first 5 months, but after the sick period I was so big and it was just too hot to go outside. But I learned that Swiss Chard will STILL grow even when it's not being watered and one is experiencing a drought so it's also not getting any rain. Liam's broccoli still grew too, but now it's flowered and can't be eaten. Violet's garden grew green onions... not sure if they are any good... but I will try them. I think one of the herbs I planted grew, it's flowering too... wonder what herb it is and if it's any good to eat. My asparagus is still growing. I think it has 2 more years before I can really start to harvest it regularly. And to my surprise and delight I found that my grapefruit tree has FINALLY produced fruit! For the past two years I've made sure to prune and fertilize the tree. I thought this year was another bust, but here we are in December and I have 4 grapefruits. They are full size, just not the right color yet... I wonder if they will ripen and be edible... I hope I hope!

No comments: