Learning lots. Today at the playground he was learning to climb up a ladder and bury stuff in the dirt. He is learning to say "No, thank you"...instead of his standard "NO!" He is learning how to play with play dough...his new favorite thing to do every day...that and go on walks now that weather is cooler. This morning, right when he jumped out of bed, he pointed to his shoes and said "Mommy, go walk outside?!"
His potty training is going well. This evening he peed on the floor of his room and bed...but that was my fault actually.
He was SOOOO good in Church today! I am so proud of him. He sat still, he was relatively quiet, he was sweet and happy the whole time. And for his night time prayers tonight he actually folded his arms! I attribute that to David coming in the room and folding his arms too.
He has his moments, but lately he is on this super sweet streak. And he is so sweet with Violet. If she is crying in her bed because I put her down for a nap or she just woke up from one, he goes "Mommy, Oh NO! Baby Cry!" and then will run to her room and look back to make sure I'm following him to go get her. Before Violet was born, and we asked him to say Violet...he would say "VIVA" now he says "Viddy" for her name. He'll help me set up blocks for her to knock over...sometimes he can't resist and knocks them down himself, but he also claps when she manages to reach out and swipe them down.
Of course I've said many times that letters are his favorite toy but I can't remember if I mentioned last month that he now knows what sounds the letters make...not all of them yet, but almost. So now I play a game on our walk asking him "what sound does a P make?" and he says "Puh, puh puh" etc. Then yesterday on his magna doodle I wrote SUN. NOW I haven't done the reading game in months now...and I'm not sure I ever taught him SUN...usually he'll read the letters outloud saying "S, U, N" and then look at me and I'll tell him what it says *unless he knows the word already...but this time he just looked at it and screamed "SUN"! He amazes me. This is not the first word he has seemingly read on his own. I know I know, we all like to think our children are super smart...But really they are all super smart in their own ways, I just hope I am a good enough teacher for my kids and help them focus on their natural talents and help them to learn new ones too.
No comments:
Post a Comment