Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Root Canal Adventures

Not as exciting as it sounds...unless you were watching it live maybe. It went well, I am so happy about that. Couldn't feel a thing...well I felt my left eye go numb! Ha ha. The numbing stuff started traveling up my face, it numbed my nose and then my eyelid which I couldn't blink properly. It was weird, at first I was afraid they damaged a nerve that perhaps connected to my eyelid (obviously I don't know a lot about nerve connections). So I held up my hand and pointed kinda frantically to my eye. She explained it probably went numb. I thought about it, then nodded my head yes. My nose felt like it was stuffed up...because I couldn't feel my breath coming out of the left side. But I realized I was getting plenty of air so it was probably just numb too. That would suck to get a root canal while having a stuffed up nose, I wonder if they just tell you to come back another time?

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Not sure why, but I am laughing so hard at your post right now! Thanks for the laugh!! Never have I heard an eyelid go numb.. or a nostril for that fact!! hahahaha.. must gain control of myself!

Kathy said...

Same thing happened to me when they injected me with the numbing stuff. I freaked out ... almost jumped out of my chair ... and the doctor just chuckled and said it was normal and explained what I felt and what happened. (It had a specific name, that phenomena ... oh, I don't remember right now. I'm so tempted to try to find my blog post about it now...)

It's a weird sensation.

So you had your root canal today?

d e e said...

Yeah I had it "today" or yesterday now. I have to get the crown still. I am either getting the crown or the mold of the crown on Friday.

Unknown said...

GROSS! I'm so sorry!