Tuesday, November 11, 2008

On My Trip To Hobby Lobby

Taking the kids out always holds some adventure. They definitely make life more interesting and fun. Here are some things that happened...

1. Liam cried real tears when I went to use the potty before we left. I think he thought I changed my mind about going bye bye.
2. After I put Liam in his car seat, while strapping him in, hard pouring rain came down suddenly and soaked my back and hair...at least it came down AFTER the kids were already in the car.
3. Liam in the store: "Mommy, HUG!" "AWWWW" "KISS Mommy!" "MMMM-MUH" this went on for about 20 minutes...I loved it.
4. While looking at Christmas stockings for the kids another family came down the aisle...Liam screamed NO, GO AWAY and STOP while pointing his finger at them. Now what I don't understand is where the heck did he learn "GO AWAY" from? I've never told him to go away. I've asked him to stay out of the kitchen when I mop the floor...but go away? I don't know....
5. In the check out line Liam yelled NO at the cashier while pointing at her
6. The cashier said "your baby is so well behaved" then looking at Liam "and I'm sure you are a good boy too, just not right now"...I said "He's a bit grumpy". Cashier "Does he want me to kiss his hand?", ME: "No he wants you to give him his toy" (that I had bought...foam alphabet letters). Cashier "Oh, should I give it to him?", ME: "NO".
7. Cashier: I hope you don't take this the wrong way...but your baby looks like George Bush...you know with the ears and nose...and eyes and mouth.
8. ...a few seconds later...Cashier: "She has beautiful eyes, you have a real heart breaker on your hands...I hope you know that". Hmmmmmm. While I agree, telling me she looks like George Bush then telling me she's beautiful...What the?

2 comments:

the Smiths said...

you said Aurora looks like Terry Bradshaw....(not that I think Violet looks like George Bush)

d e e said...

Ahahaa, but with her hair she did! BESIDES that's family joking around with you...not some random stranger NOT joking around.