Oh her baby days are going so quickly. I love this little girl so much. I think I am noticing a little dimple in her right cheek when she smiles. But she still won't let loose with the laughing! Almost, she'll almost laugh, she'll give the beginnings of a burst of laughter but stop herself. It's hard to explain. She talks to us a lot, she sucks in her breath to make a weird noise...OH and so cute, lately she'll stick her little tongue out and bite down with her lips so it's tight, then she'll blow and tiny little pieces of spit come off. She is adorable when she does it.
She is getting better at scooting and wiggling and turning over a few times to get places. She is sitting up on her own a bit better everyday too. She loves playing airplane. She LOOOOVVVEESS going on walks. At some point in the day I have to take her out on a walk, it's the only thing that will make her happy at that moment. I'm glad the weather is cooler now and it's nice to get SOME exercise...since I haven't gotten into a grove on the treadmill. I had bought a sit 'n stand stroller for her and Liam and we walk around the neighborhood, sometimes to the neighborhood playground. It's nice. She likes the swing and to just feel the breeze on her face...just like her brother did at this age.
Lately when I nurse her, she will stop to stare at me, when she catches my eye (because I look down to see why she stopped) she'll smile, then so happily go back to sucking...she does a little wiggle move with her head and shoulders. She also kicks one of her legs in a rhythmic motion, to rock herself, funnily enough, it's a trait I am pretty sure she inherited up from David. David does this same exact kick of his leg to rock himself when he is sleeping! And it's something he's done his whole life. Is it possible to inherit a quirk like that?
She started showing interest in eating, so a few weeks ago I started to introduce her to rice cereal. She loves it and will grab at my hand holding the spoon and attempt to bring it to her mouth more quickly. She kicks her little legs while eating. She also kicks and splashes so much in the bath. I love it. And she got her 4 month shots last week :( She weighed in at 15 lbs 4 ozs. She already wears 6-9 month clothes. When she got the polio vaccine which was given orally, she started wiggling back and forth really fast, making the paper underneath crinkle, the noise only made her wiggle faster. The nurses were laughing and saying "does that make it go down easier sweetie"? It was so funny. Then I held her little hands and she was looking in my eyes and smiling at me, then BAM, she gets the first shot, then second then third. Her little eyes shut, her face turned purple, her mouth turned down and then came the Waaahhh! I felt so bad for her. But to her credit she got over it really quickly. She also had a mild fever the next few days but really not bad at all...not like Liam used to get. She did really well and kept her incredibly sweet temperament.
3 comments:
I can't believe how old our babies are getting!! We still need to get together! I think the hurricane interrupted our last plans!
For Sure!
Violet sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! I REALLY hope I'll get to meet your kids someday!
Post a Comment