Saturday, November 29, 2008

Conversations in the Car

Listening to the Christmas Radio Station (Sunny) when a commercial comes on about TUTS doing White Christmas...

Me: Oh, David, let's get tickets to go see that!

David: No TUTS is too far away...it's in the Woodlands, you do realize that?

Me: No it's not, it's in Houston I've been there a few times (actually I think I said I had been there a million times)...heck we went and saw Scrooge there a few years ago remember?

David: That wasn't TUTS, TUTS is outside, you have to sit on the grass...you know, it's under the stars?

Me: No David it's not, it has a dome ceiling with little stars on it.

David: No Diana

Me: It's okay, we'll just look it up when we get home and you'll see that I am right. And when we see that I am right you can tell me I'm right and we'll get tickets. AND if for some reason I am wrong...then I'll apologize and we won't get tickets.

David: That's not the point

Me: I mean we won't get tickets because that means it's in the Woodlands and too far a drive.

David: Oh yeah, that's true.

So guess who was right?

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I love it! He must have been thinking about Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. ... though, there is a section where you don't sit on the grass.

In high school, I used to think it was literally "under the stars" too. Misleading name, I guess.

(There is a program in Houston where they show movies/theatre outdoors ... and you do sit on the grass and watch under the stars ... forgot where/what the program was. Miller Outdoor, perhaps? But I think it's someplace downtown.)

Have fun watching White Christmas!!! :-)

Unknown said...

I want to go!

How do I get tickets!

Seriously. I really want to go!

d e e said...

Yes we are going! Hehehe I just have to pick a date.

Jackie! Just go to tuts.com!

Yea! I am so excited, David and I rarely do anything like this!~