Monday, December 1, 2008

Adventures in Potty Training...

So Liam has been great. Telling me once or twice a day that he needs to use the potty. He's only gone number 2 once...until today. He told me he needed to go potty and I almost told him to wait...haha, ALMOST, but I didn't because I promised myself I wouldn't if I could help it. I had a hungry Violet about to eat. But I stopped. Got up to help him and tried to keep her calm in my arms. He sits down and starts to poo-poo (which I was not expecting). Except he gets so excited he stands up to show me and to 'dump' it in the toilet. Except it's sticking to the sides of the potty chair. So not wanting him to fling it everywhere, I put Violet down (who starts to cry) and clean it out. He sits down and goes some more. Lots and lots more...again getting so excited he stands back up to dump it out. He wasn't done...and it's the really soft kind...not quite diarrhea but you get the picture. This time he poo-poos on the floor a little. I tell him "HOLD ON" while I clean this round...and the floor. He doesn't go anymore so I wipe him up and put on a diaper...then yes, he goes...lots and lots more. Poor little guy. I would have waited to see if he had more to do, but Violet was really screaming. Of course I had to stop anyway to change him again. I know this is probably a gross post, especially if you don't have kids, I'm so immune...and I hope future Liam forgives me...I might not show him these until he becomes a father himself! But I was so proud that he told me he had to go potty when it was number 2. Progress! Yipee!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

This should be gross to me, because I'm not a mom (well, it kinda was) ... but in a small, weird way, I kind of understand after having house trained my dog. Not exactly the same, but when you're cheering someone on for going pee-pee, poo-poo, a story like this is understandable.

GO LIAM!

(p.s. I still remember potty training, myself. The most vivid memory is when my mom moved my potty seat in front of the tv once, and I thought it was the wildest thing doing my business while watching tv!)

the Smiths said...

so Aurora was in the bathtub she pointed to herself and then like 3 minutes later she grab a hold of the washcloth holder propped her leg on the edge( for some leverage) and pooped in the tub. and then she sat down and pooped some more...I screamed for gerald i had him hold her(shivering little naked butt) over the toilet while i tried to clean it. I then told him to wrap her in a towel and I would clean it up. she propped her leg up....

d e e said...

Kathy, that is so funny! Doing your business while watching t.v.! Hahha

Kileen, that is so funny! She's young but she might just be ready to start training...isn't one of the signs that they show you they need to go!?

Unknown said...

Yeah! Poopy in the potty!