Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Today we spent Christmas Eve with David's family as is the tradition, they usually have a Christmas Eve dinner...we spend Christmas morning with my family as they always have a Christmas breakfast... it works out nicely.

It was lovely. I made some enchiladas. I was trying to make them somewhat dry for a nice crunchy texture...they came out VERY dry. Oh well, they were still pretty good. Ines (mother-in-law) made a ton of food. Some Cuban food...rice, black beans, Yuca and pork, along with more American holiday foods...rolls, a honey baked ham, and sweet potatoes. and then my enchiladas! hahaa. It was a mixed feast. Very good though...except for my enchiladas that were just pretty good....haha.

David's sister and her family couldn't make it as the kids were sick.

Although we are no longer buying gifts for our brothers and sisters (just nieces and nephews) and I didn't want anyone getting David and I anything...Ken and Abby got us gifts anyway and they were awesome. David received a GPS from them...which we really really needed. It was the most perfect and generous gift we could ask for. No more excuses on getting lost! If we have to evacuate for a hurricane, we have a system that will reroute us if (when) we miss an exit! But that's the least of it. We should no longer get lost going into Houston! This is awesome. I recieved from them a digital photo frame! That is so cool. I remember David mentioned once that he wanted to get me one for my birthday...but David almost always takes the phrase "it was the thought that counts" very literally. He thought about it, told me he thought about it...it counts. That will be fun to pick pictures and set up.

Ken and Abby got Liam a Thomas the Engine toy that he can sit on and scoot with his feet, it plays the music from the show. He loved it. And they got him some clothes and jammies. Violet got a musical keyboard and mirror toy which she had fun with. Very sweet, thanks again Ken and Abby!

When we got home, I told David I am exhausted. he said he is all wired. I guess cause I woke up at 5:30 with the baby and he woke up at 7...for starters. I cooked enchiladas and cookies all day. Helped Liam paint etc...long day. I need to set up the gifts for Liam and Violet. Liam is catching on to the whole present thing and was helping everyone unwrap their gifts. Hopefully we'll have a good day tomorrow too.

No comments: