Yesterday we had dinner with David's brother and his wife, father and in-laws at Lupe's to celebrate his brother's birthday. My mother-in-law has to stay at home because she takes care of her sick and elderly father, so she also watched Liam for us.
David had met me at the restaurant just coming off of work and I had Violet with me. So after dinner we had to go pick Liam up from his parents house. On the way to his parents house David followed me in his car... as I was zipping through his parents neighborhood and he followed me, I had a really strong memory of the first day I met David. I had met him at my job-place at Randall's where I worked with his mother and he was living with them at the time working on a video game (for those of you who don't know) and I was 'interviewing' to do some of the artwork for the game and he was taking me to their house to show me what they had so far.
ANYWAY I won't make this a long story about when we met. I followed him and he was zipping around and I remembered thinking that he drove a bit too fast. I had a warm fuzzy feeling thinking how awesome life is. That here we are now, our little baby girl in the back seat on our way to pick up our son.
So when we got out of our cars to go inside to get Liam, I jumped out and ran to him to share my memory and feelings. We walked arm and arm up to his parents house. Got just inside when suddenly I remembered...That I FORGOT Violet in the car!
3 comments:
I remember when we were on the phone and you were telling me about David and the video game. :-) Amazing where life can take you.
And poor Violet! You have to tell her this story when she's old enough to understand!
It's funny, it was literally 5 seconds that I forgot her.
So fun!! You guys are so cute!
Post a Comment