Sunday, November 2, 2008

Can't Have Both

David was telling me about something a political talk radio host was saying about Republican's and Democrat's and their points of view. He said Republican's are primarily all about Liberty and Democrat's are primarily all about Equality.

With Liberty you can have some equality but with equality as the primary standard, you can't have liberty. "All human beings are accordingly equal in their right not to be enslaved, and in their right to be in secure possession of their lives, liberties, and property. To this end they have a right to be governed only by laws to which they have consented. That all men are created equal does not mean that human beings are the same, or equal, in size, strength, beauty, virtue, or intelligence...As Abraham Lincoln wrote: "that some should be rich shows that others may become rich, and hence is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.'"-(Harry V. Jaffa, April 16, 2008, Claremont.org).

To have equality is to force things on people....like 'spreading the wealth'. Let's all live like equals...here you, guy, who works his butt off for his family, give us your hard earned money so this person who does not want to work can have the same life as you. Liberty awwww...the AMERICAN dream. My mother in law gave this metaphor "if you earned an A on a test, and a friend of yours earned a C should you have to share your A so that you can both have B's?

Equality can only exist under a Dictatorship that enforces it.

I am asked to keep my religious points of view out of politics. I understand that, we can't all express our beliefs when defining laws to fit everyone. Not when we are free to worship how we want. But these are my beliefs and they define my opinions regardless if you like it or not. If I am told that we should allow gay marriages (equality) and to teach it in school as 'normal', then my rights to obey my Religious beliefs and to teach my children that this is an abomination in God's eyes are gone, now I am a "horrible and hateful" human being...except I do not believe in following the laws of man first, but the laws of God and if God's laws are in conflict with man's laws...I am going to have to side with God.

My point is, if gay relationships are now being taught in public schools as normal (and they are to children as young as Kindergarteners), then my liberty to raise my children in my beliefs are being squashed and now I have to home school them. And truthfully this is not a subject my children need to even think about until they are older.

Let me say this about this particular topic as I choose to use it in my example. I believe God loves everyone! Even if you don't believe in Him, He doesn't like it, but He loves you anyway. I do not hate people who are gay, I would never raise my children to hate any type of person. But by being tolerant of a person does not mean I condone the sin. I do believe it is a choice. Being Gay...this subject is really all about sexual preference. That it is being compared to racial and religious persecussion is so ridiculous to me. Sexual persecussion...give me a break. Let me clarify MY own point of view as a Christian. As a Christian I am taught that sex is for the purpose of creating children. Let's say you are married, having sex and not nessisarily trying to create a child, when you are heterosexual...even if you are using birth control (unless you've had your uterus, ovarys or testicles removed) there is ALWAYS A CHANCE of creating a child. When two men are having sex or two women are having sex there is ZERO...ZERO possibility of creating a child. ZERO. Now this sacred act, put into a gay relationship, is just about the sexual pleasure itself...that's a sin. That is why, as a Christian, besides being told it in the scriptures....I know it is an abomination in God's eyes. I've said before, Family is the most important institution in the world. An institution created by God. He created men and women as seperate genders for a very specific reason. He gave these two seperate genders the ability to create new life. The duality of a man and woman create the BEST atomosphere to raise a child.

You might say, well if we have liberty I should be equally allowed to have a gay marriage. When you start to teach my children in school that this is normal behavior...where is my liberty? What happened to my religious freedom? Why does the subject of sexual preference need to be taught to my children without my consent? With Liberty, you have the right to be in a gay relationship, and I have the right to disagree with that relationship. With Equality I am not allowed to disagree with that relationship.

Back to the 'share the wealth' example. Who wouldn't like to live in a Utopian Society? It's a really lovely idea...but the fact is, it does not work. It has been tried and failed so many times. Why does it fail? Because we are human and tend to err and that's that. You may get corrupted and greedy leaders, or perhaps along the way someone else gets pissed off that they are working harder then so and so. My mother-in-law hails from communist Cuba...she hates communism, and anything relating to it, the most because she has experienced it first hand. She saw her beloved Country change from it. Her father's business, taken from him and "given" to the people. Then being forced into another job not of his choosing. They (Communist Cuban Officials) would have shoes made by people who had no reason to work hard now, then hand them out to families, not caring if they matched or fit or were even well made. That's a tame example of the changes the Country went through, it gets so much worse. Liberty or Equality...I choose Liberty. God gave us our free agency, that's the life I want to defend.

No comments: