Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick-or-Treat

Violet did not go with us to trick or treat...which is okay given that she is not quite 5 months old. She insisted on sleeping, so David stayed at the house to greet the trick-or-treaters and watch her. We'll leave out the part that David still thought I took her with me since she was sleeping anyways.

Liam was dressed as a pirate, and I put most of it together myself... We didn't get a good picture though. He would either look away or was crying because it was past his bedtime and he had more sugar then he is used to today. BUT man, he got the hang of trick-or-treating really quickly. He would knock on the door, try to go into the people's house, he would say "tik orteat" and "dank doo" and sometimes after he said thank you he would also say 'your welcome', then he would RUN to the next house and I was tripping trying to keep up with him. We went with my sister Laura and her two little girls, who also seemed to have fun. One house was scary. Liam didn't even notice...not when candy was being handed out. And after he got his candy he would point to his cousin Maya to make sure they gave her some too. Phew, that was a workout and we only went to about 10 houses...soon Liam started to suck on a sucker through the wrapper since I wasn't opening it for him and after that he was done.

David and I dressed up too. David was a Black Belt Karate Man with a black eye, swollen lip and cheek and a sprained wrist. I was an Old Maid. It was fun dressing up.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

hahaha! David’s costume is SO SPECIFIC and then yours is straight-to-the-point!

d e e said...

Haha, well I had a maid uniform, then I put my hair in a bun and because it was Halloween, sprayed glitter and purple hair stuff... Parted my bangs, made the bangs white with baby powder. Then with makeup I drew lines on my forehead, crows feet around my eyes, lines around my mouth. Then I put brushed on some brown eye powder to my cheeks to make them look sunken in, then I added moles. I also added detail to my neck. Then I put on a thin layer of lipstick and got some on my teeth. I wore white ankle socks and black penny loafers. How's that for specific ;-)

Kathy said...

VERY specific! :-)