Had an appointment this morning. After I described the pain, the Dentist said he'd never heard anyone describe such a painful tooth experience, that he didn't know what it could be. Now he probably thinks I was being dramatic, but I did have two babies without pain medication...so I am not a complete wuss. I was just very descriptive.
He took an x-ray, it showed no problems, no infections or anything. Since the teeth that were hurting were cavities that had been filled last March, he supposed that the filling was too high/full? I don't know how to describe that...and when I bite down it hits there first, it is probably intensified by my nightly teeth grinding and the fact that I already have sensitive teeth. So he shaved the tooth cap/filling a bit so the teeth don't hit together first...though they still touch. I don't know if this will help. We'll see.
So next step is next week have my teeth cleaned since it's been a year. I also have about 6 cavities to fill! Those numbers based from over two years ago before having Liam...might have more, I hope not. Once all my cavities are filled, then they will fit me for a mouth piece to wear at night to help with the teeth grinding.
No comments:
Post a Comment