So we ordered some Mexican food tonight from the guys who deliver. We got those appetizer's we like and some chips and salsa. Except I was distracted by the t.v. when I was ordering and I may have said chips and queso...even though this does not seem possible as I do not care for queso all that much and it certainly wasn't on my mind as I've never ordered it either...but again I was distracted. The guy asked me what size queso I wanted and I assumed it must come with the salsa so I said the smallest size. Then he told me my total...which should have been maybe $13 with tax...possibly a $2 delivery charge, it was $20. I didn' t question this until after I got off the phone with him. Because with math my brain is a little slow...
I told David. He is all WHAT? How is that possible. We figured they must have a seven dollar delivery charge. So I said, oh well I guess we don't need to tip because it looks like they include it. Yep, Oooooppps. We didn't tip the delivery guy......then I realized my mistake. We heard the delivery guy zoom away in a pissed off manner. David said 'well they got our order wrong' but I said 'unless I really did say chips and queso, and even then I heard him ask me about the queso'. The queso did cost about $5 more. I feel so bad :(
Also, I pulled an Abby the other day ;) My sister-in-law is notoriously clumsy and has twisted her knee from tripping more then a few times... Dave and I were taking the kids for a walk in the neighborhood and I was explaining something about our flag pole holder to David (I know my conversation is fascinating)...I was even using dramatic hand gestures looking up in the air to describe the location of our flag pole holder... yes I was. When suddenly my foot hits an uprooted sidewalk and my leg gets kicked back in the wrong direction, it pulls my knee backwards because my thigh was still moving forward...yet somehow I managed to catch myself by putting a hand on the stroller before eating it. David said thank goodness my hands were in the air. Of course if I wasn't looking in the air at my gesturing hands I might not have tripped in the first place. My knee hurt a bit, but not too much nor for too long, thank goodness.
2 comments:
Is that what you call it when you trip? "an Abby"?? LOL Glad you're ok.
Only a trip that involves the knee! Lol.
Post a Comment