I hate when stuff like the following, get me all upset. Life is too short...but I got upset anyway.
I was in the drive-thru line at Schlotzsky's Deli. Had been waiting for 18 minutes with Liam and Violet in the car after having ran some errands. Some lady in a new Honda Civic pulls in from the opposite side and sits there expecting me to let her in ahead of me...even though the line is behind me.
Let me describe this lady so you can picture her. She is probably in her 40's. She looks like she's lived in Texas her whole life. I say that not to be disrespectful to Texans...but perhaps you know what I am describing better when I say that. She has a poofy type short hair do, curled at the ends and seperated so it poofs all around her head. She has on a large, silver colored ring with lots of little Diamonds all over it...kind of gaudy in my opinion. A silver watch and a few dangling silver colored bracelets on the same arm. French manicured looking fake nails...I know all of this because she kept her arm hanging out of her window. She was a white lady, but very very very tan...the kind you have to go to a tanning salon to get...at least when you are a white person. She had on earrings too and a necklace...just too much jewlery, again in my opinion. And she was smacking on some gum.
So there is a car in front of me where she is in front of that car's side...like a T, waiting for that car to pull forward so she can jet in front of me.
I call David to ask if this has happened before here. It has. I ask him what did he do. He said "I let them in". Hahaha. Probably the Christain thing to do...but I had a toddler and a baby in the car...ticking time-bombs. Going on 20 minutes in a drive-thru line and she was CUTTING IN FRONT OF ME. Well she manages to poke the nose of her car in front of me.
I honk.
She stares at me and mouths "what, I'm next"!
I mouth "No you are not, I've been here since 12'!
She mouths "I'm next"
I say QUIETLY to David so Liam won't hear me "What a Bitch"
Her mouth drops open because she understood me.
I look at her and mouth "that's right, you are a bitch"!
She mouths "I am next"
I say "The Line starts back there"! and point behind me
She points to her entrance and says "No it's here too"
THE SIGN SAYS ENTER...but doesn't say Drive Thru Enter...you can see by the way it curves around that it is not the Entrance to the drive-thru, merely to the parking lot. I could have went in that way too and tried to cut in front of everyone also. But that would be unfair to all the people waiting.
So I say "I have a hungry little boy in the car"!
She shakes her head points to herself and says "I was next"!
I say "NO YOU WEREN'T, I've been here since 12"!
She shakes her head...I know this could have went on for a while. I finally give her the OKAY with my fingers and say "OKAY, Whatever"!
I am still on the phone with David. He's telling me it's okay, the line will move fast. I start crying. Yeah I did. Just a little...the pissed off kind of crying...I was just so mad at that lady. I think that has ruined me for the Schlotzsky's drive-thru :( I finally got our food after 36 minutes of waiting...and yeah Violet was crying her head off by that time.
1 comment:
I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT!
When I'm in a good mood, I'll usually just let it go and just curse her under my breath, but when I'm in a situation where I have been waiting for that long, (and if I had two kiddos in the car like you did) and am moody, I wouldn't have let her in. NO. WAY. I would have stayed right on the tail of the car in front of me so that she couldn't get through and then when I'd pass her, I'd say "there is a line, you cannot get in front of these people who have been waiting. sorry." ... that is, if I were brazen enough. (I have to be really, really moody.)
I love the idea of having a silent conversation, though. It's a heated, angry argument, but there's no noise!
Post a Comment