Sunday, October 26, 2008

Adventures in Potty Training...

Liam made contact today! Woot-woot!

David was changing his diaper when suddenly David yelps out, then says "HOLD IT, HOLD IT, HOLD IT" while carrying him to the potty chair. Hold it he did, until he sat down! I can't believe it. David said he had started to pee when David yelped, then he stopped peeing, so David took a chance. I'll admit, that is a chance I wouldn't have thought of taking...'They' say that boys take longer then girls to potty train, and that this may be due to the fact that the mothers are usually the ones doing all the training and the fact that the mamas have different equipment... Perhaps with Davids help, we'll actually get him to learn to use the potty sooner then later.

For peeing in the potty chair, he got a piece of Dove chocolate.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Congrats little Liam!

That story is kind of like house-training my dog. When I see her start to squat in the house, I make a noise to startle her and then I rush her outside to make a pee-pee. And then when she does, I give her a treat! ... not as awesome as a piece of Dove chocolate, though.

And bravo to David for having the foresight to carry him over to the potty. I would have feared for my life that I'd get squirted with pee in the process!

Lindsay said...

WOW!! I am SOOOO impressed!! My almost 3 year old (in Jan.) still has only used the potty like twice!! I'm glad Liam did it!! Hopefully, one day, Kate will be out of diapers! My goal is Kindergarten!!!

d e e said...

Kathy, me too, I wouldn't have tried it for fear of being peed on.

Lindsay, thanks but we'll see if we make it to twice by the time he is almost three! Lol. Kindergarten sounds like a good goal to me.

the Smiths said...

aurora points to her diaper when its wet or getting wet i think we are going to start encouraging her to use the potty.
Good job with Liam!

d e e said...

Awww! Yeah she just might be ready Kileen!