Saturday, October 18, 2008

To My Negative Commentators

OK So I feel I need to clarify a few things. THis will be my last post on this as some of the replies make me physically ill.

A) I do not think I am God. I never condemned anyone to Hell in my post. I said they will have to answer for what they did (we all will), I have no idea how God will judge them. Somebody wrote me and said I was going to Hell for passing judgment and thinking I am God...yeah THEY said I was going to HELL for passing judgment...anyone else see the irony there?

B) I am aloud to make judgment calls based on morality...ALL criminal laws are based on morality issues. To judge the actions/situations without judging a person specifically. If you are telling me the Bible says don't judge...please read Corinthians Chapter 6. Funny how people only focus on parts of the Bible that seemingly justify their actions. *sarcastic* I guess in the Bible nobody ever warned the wicked to repent Huh? I mean that would make them judgmental...right? Except again, read Corinthians Chapter 6...that is to the people
who are quoting Bible verses to me.

C) There are about 50 million abortions in the world a year...less then 5% of those are a result from becoming pregnant due to rape, incest or health issues together. And even those instances don't ALWAYS warrant abortion...you should to talk to God to make that call...I am sorry for you if you don't believe in God.

D) I say I know with a surety that it is murder because I have been pregnant. If you are a man who can never even be pregnant or a woman who's never had a baby, telling me I don't know what I am talking about...really, you have no idea. I have been pregnant and I have been blessed with two beautiful babies. Why then while I was pregnant was I asked to take multivitamins to help the developing brain cells of the fetus?...and does calling it a fetus make it less human? Interesting that they monitored the baby's (which they also called the fetus) heartbeat. That they make sure the baby is ALIVE and kicking. If a baby dies in Utero...say the fetus dies...how can this thing that's nothing die if it's not even alive until it is born? That a friend of mines baby was born after only 21 weeks and is alive today with some eyesight problems. One responder said I am an idiot, that a single cell organism isn't a baby. Yeah she called the baby a single cell organism...UH it is NEVER a single cell organism...who is the idiot? And by the time
a woman learns she is pregnant, these "lump of cells" as another called it...has a heartbeat and brain waves. Do people really think it isn't alive? That it is a lump of cells until it is born
then POOF! A baby! That is really scientific people. This precious life is viewed nothing more then a thing until it breathes air? It is less then the lowliest of animals? This breaks my heart...and yet I am the evil one? WOW.

E) An observation I have...coincidence? I find it interesting that my friends even family who have zero belief in God are not very happy people. They often find life meaningless (their words), and many of them (not all) aren't married or have children. Some lead selfish, self serving lives. Some have drinking or drug problems. I still love them and respect their right to their beliefs, but why don't they ever consider that it might be because they have no hope?

I am happy, I know my purpose in this life and I know family is the most important institution in the world...is it so terrible that I know they can be happy too and want that for them as well? When you are doing what is right there is no struggle. People have told me that abortion is a very difficult decision...are they telling me this because it means they must have had a good reason for it? Because what I get from that statement is, due to the fact that it is a difficult decision, this tells me it is because your soul was fighting against it.

I found this womans story very interesting and touching.

Lisa said:

I am not even sure where to start and this will be long but here goes.

I have read Dooce for quite a while and commented only one other time, I think it was for "And Boom". I said that I had three abortions and that not a day went by that I did not regret it. At some point, another commenter asked what right did I have telling someone else that they couldn't do what I had chosen to do three times. I did not get a chance to reply to that comment, but it looks like you have opened up another way for me to do that now.

I don't think I have a "right" to tell others what they can and cannot do, but I can tell you the story of MY life, and why I will vote for John McCain with no question.

My roots are quite the opposite of yours, Heather. My parents divorced when I was six. My dad skipped out on his child support obligation for the four of us and so my Mom went on welfare. There was never a father figure in my life, my mom had boyfriends here and there but nothing serious.

The only religion I knew was going to church randomly with friends if I spent the night at their house on Saturday. I recall a Baptist Church and one other Pentecostal when I was very young.

I met a boy when I was 14, he was 17. We were having sex for quite a while and never got pregnant because we made sure we didn't. My home life grew more difficult. My mom was depressed most of the time, my older brother had gotten into drugs, I was skipping school and hanging around this boy all the time-it was overwhelming for my mom, and I just wanted out. So I decided to try to get pregnant and I did.

Twelve days before my 16th birtday, my son was born. His dad joined the Army, we got married, and when he was out of bootcamp we joined him in Kansas. He was possessive and violent. Of course I saw the signs early on but thought he would change. He didn't, so I left.

I met someone else while still living in Kansas. I filed for divorce from my husband and lived with my boyfriend for about a year, after which we decided to break up and I moved with my son back to Ohio.

I soon realized I was pregnant with that boyfriends child. I had started a new job and was trying to get on my feet and take care of my son. I was in denial about being pregnant. I knew I was, but kept ignoring it because I did not want to face it.

Finally, I decided the problem was not going to solve itself and I decided to have an abortion. I was twenty- two weeks pregnant when I had my abortion. Because I was so far along, it was a two step process: the nurse inserted some "poisonous sticks" (that's what she called them) into my cervix and then I went home. I was to return the next day and they would complete the procedure.

That night was the first night I felt the baby move. The nurse told me that I would not be able to stop the abortion once the sticks were inserted. I laid there most of the night feeling the baby move, knowing that poison was killing the baby and that there was no turning back. The next day they removed the baby.

Within the next four years I would have two more abortions, having gotten pregnant by two different guys. I cannot tell you what day or year they occurred. I have erased that information from my mind.
I do remember it being a gray, cold day when I had the third one. I sat in the parking lot of the abotion clinic afterwards and just felt so empty and worthless inside.

I am leaving out alot of stuff and this is still running long-I am sorry, but my life has been filled with tremendous sadness, many difficulties, drugs, promiscuity, on and on... a blatent disregard for life, sometimes including my own life.

You and I, Heather, have lived our lives in complete opposites it seems. You were raised with God, I was not. You are now pushing God away, and I am getting closer to him. I used to think JUST LIKE YOU. I thought there was a "my God" and "your God". There isn't, there is one.

We must create seperate Gods when we do not want to do what the actual one God wants us to do. It is how we live with ourselves and justify what we do. I did that for many years.

I am now 38. I have a wonderful husband of 9 years. My son is 22 and serving our country in the United States Army. I am so very proud of him. He is my Hero. I have a beautiful daughter the same age as Leta, and another new precious baby girl who is three months old.

I feel, in many ways, like I am a completely different person than the one who aborted three babies. I can never truly articulate how deeply sorry I am for not giving them a chance at life. I think I really began waking up to the reality of what I had done when I carried my four year old. And now, when I look into the eyes of that sweet little baby girl it makes my heart yearn for those children. All moms know that feeling you get when your babies smile at you-it makes me so sad that I will never see their smiles here on earth.

Abortion is wrong. It hurts everyone involved. All babies are a gift from God and should be treasured. All I can do for those three babies of mine is tell my story, their story, and try to just let people know that it is devastating to lose children to abortion. I thought I was doing what I had to do at the time but I will never be free of the pain of losing my babies, and the shame of knowing that I killed them.

I attended a Rachel's Vineyard retreat in 2007. It is a place where women and men can go for help with healing after abortion. It is non-denominational but they also have some specifically for the Catholic faith. If anyone out there is hurting from abortion, please check them out

www.rachelsvineyard.org

That is why I am voting for John Mccain. I will always support the candidate who is pro-life.

She is sorry for her actions, she is repenting. Good for her. She posted later when questioned about having multiple abortions when feeling so guilty after the first one.

Women who have multiple abortions are not likely using it as birth control. Having multiple abortions is a form of post traumatic stress, where the first one is so devastating that women try to recreate the situation in an attempt to "do the right thing" the next time, or to sort of avenge the first baby....but instead, they end up aborting again which then confirms that they are a bad person after all, leaving them caught in an awful cycle.

The most that I have heard of is a woman who had eight abortions.

Pray for them.

I hope that makes sense, I know it's confusing. But I learned
That because I had three abortions, and the subject of multiple abortions is covered in the book, "Forbidden Grief" by Theresa Burke.

No comments: