Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Journal Topic #13

My Childhood Best Friend.

Erica. She lived about 5 houses down from mine. When I first met her, we weren't nice to each other. I think I road my bike past her house and she said something rude so I was rude back. Before you knew it we were best friends. I was about 7 or 8 when I first met her.

She went to a private school and when I was in the 4th grade she started going to public school and we were in the same class together. We played after school and weekends together nearly every day. We mainly played at her house... she had all the yummy snacks and it wasn't as crowded as my house.

Things we'd do:

Pretend to be spies and spy on people around the neighborhood.
Invent things... we may have only did this once.
Eat food at her house... once we, along with my sister Laura, invented a bunch of recipes and had a picnic with our creations...wish I could remember what they were, I do remember lots of chocolate.
Skate together.
Ride bikes together.
Play with our dolls together.
Her mom took us to Disney Land once.
Her mom took us to a water park once.
Watched scary movies and dirty dancing.
Had sleepovers.
Made club houses in the gigantic bushes in the field behind our houses, played back there quite a bit.
Talked about boys and had crushes on the same ones... they always liked her and not me though... I was quite the dork and she was very pretty.
We did the whole lemonade stand once or twice together with my brother and sisters.

When we got into the 7th grade we stopped hanging out as much... probably because we didn't have classes together and developed different interests...these things happen. In the 8th grade she moved away to Texas due to some family troubles. I had no idea I would move to Texas within a few years myself with my family.

I miss her. I haven't been able to find her on Facebook. I saw her again when I was 15, a year before we moved. I really wish I could find her again, she was such a big part of my life growing up.

Here are two class photos sent to me by an old classmate (that's why my name is spelled Diane and not Diana). I have the pink shirt and big glasses on my face in one of them. Erica has a peach sweater on with wavy/curly dark brown hair. In the other one I have a red sweater on with my hair in a side ponytail and no glasses on this time. Erica has shorter hair and a red sweater on as well on the end of my same row.


No comments: