I decided to really simplify dinner time. I am going to make basically the same thing every week. I was thinking of a line from an old tv show (before my time but that I still watched as a kid thanks to nick at nite) where they mentioned "meatloaf" Monday or Sunday pot roast.
So I am thinking:
Sunday: (I would do a pot roast, but I'd be the only one eating it). Turkey meatballs in bbq sauce, with rice (or mashed potatoes as a variation... I like mashed potatoes, David likes rice so we'll alternate), green beans, rolls. I think I can put all of these things in various warmers/ crock pots so we'll be ready to eat when we get home from church.
Monday: Mexican night. We'll either have tacos, quesadillas, nachos, or enchiladas.
Tuesday: Either red beans and rice night (when I learn how to make it) or Fish/Seafood night. Fish sticks for the kids, some sort of baked fish for David and I... possibly shrimp for me. David's not a big fan of fish, but I'd like for us to eat more of it. Rice pilaf. Broccoli.
Wednesday: Spaghetti night. Spaghetti and salad. Occasionally switch the spaghetti for lasagna.
Thursday: Chicken night. Some variation of chicken. Peas. rice.
Friday: BBQ grill/ restaurant/ or take-out night. We'll either grill foods on the bbq (yet to be purchased) or we'll get take out or go to a restaurant together on this night.
Saturday: Asian night. Either some sort of stir fry, use any left over veggies from the week. Take the left over rice from the week and make fried rice. Egg rolls now and again. use any left over chicken or fish from Tues and Thurs.
No comments:
Post a Comment