Reading Books to My Kids:
Don't have much to say here. I think reading to my kids is very important. I definitely want them to develop a love of reading. Sometimes I am lazy... Liam knows how to read so if it's late I tell him to read himself a book. Sometimes I ask him to read his sister a book too.
My sister Kileen reads 4 books a night to her daughter. I read 1 book to each kid... and like I said, sometimes I'm too lazy for that.
I do have plans to read all of the Harry Potter books to them. I might start that pretty soon actually. I could wait until Drake is old enough, but maybe when he's old enough I can start over again. I just read "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" out loud to Liam and Violet... though Violet kept leaving the room. I had a 4th grade teacher who read books out loud to us everyday. I loved it. I think Ronald Dahl is a great start in reading larger books out loud to the kids. To get them used to hearing it and visualizing the story. One of my favorites growing up was The BFG. I think I might have to order that to read aloud before I get into the H.P. books.
1 comment:
4 books a night. she enjoys it but I don't think i'll bump it up to 5 when she turns five that's how it got up to four.
Post a Comment