I was 18 years old... actually one month from turning 19.
I did go on two other dates before my first kiss with the guy I dated for so long... one was a blind date. The guy was shorter than me (I'm barely 5'2") and he talked about how in his Country they don't use toilet paper, they wipe their butts with their left hand. All I could think is gross, why are you telling me this. So no kisses for him. The other guy was a friend of mine. I had a good time but he wouldn't kiss me goodnight because he was about to go on a mission for our church for two years and didn't want to get too preoccupied with girls until he got back. I understood... but was sad I still didn't my first kiss. Finally met that loser I dated for too long.The kiss itself... pretty gross actually. The guy hadn't kissed too many girls himself so we both didn't know what we were doing. He pressed too hard, used too much tongue, and this is super gross but he had allergies and his tongue tasted a little like mucus. Yuck. But I didn't know it could be better... couldn't imagine how it could be better. Just thought it was something I'd have to get used to.
When I met David. Wow. I couldn't believe what a good kisser he was (IS)... never mind that our first kiss was quite awkward as I had lunged at him and he wasn't prepared, didn't see it coming. He was looking at me and smiling when I lunged. We bumped teeth. It's a running joke with us to this day. I had been dying to kiss him. He has the most gorgeous shaped mouth I had ever seen and all I could think about was kissing him... but he was taking too long to make a move. I had even told my friend Lisa how badly I wanted to kiss him (don't know if she remembers that) but I wasn't sure I was going to keep dating him (was going to try to date people with my same beliefs as the last relationship I had wasn't the same beliefs and it lead to all our problems... David however does have the moral standards and basic Christian beliefs and eventually I realized he was the nicest, sweetest, most honest man I had ever met)... anyhow before I came to that conclusion about him I asked Lisa "would it be wrong to kiss him a few times and then break up with him?" she said "yes it would be". Good ole Lisa.
My dad actually paid me $200 to wait until I was at least 16 before I kissed a boy. It was on the honor system, but I was definitely honest about it. It did keep me from starting to date before I was ready... and then some. I plan to have the same deal with my kids, the girl and the boys. Except we'll make it $500. And when they are 16 until they move out of the house it will be group dates only. Dating at this age shouldn't get all serious. They should be having fun and seeing what types of people are out there. Not falling in "love" and making grown up decisions before they can even financially support themselves. Will the kids sneak behind our backs? It's possible, but I can hope can't I?
No comments:
Post a Comment